Would you like to sign up for our newsletter to get occasional updates from the experts?
Front End Web Developer Position - WordPress Expert
Passionate about Building Beautiful Websites in WordPress?
We have a desirable opening for a technically skilled front-end web developer. Our ideal new team member enjoys interactivity and strives to build beautiful and engaging user experiences on each and every project. You will not only be working directly with clients solo but will also enjoy collaborating on projects with other Xynergy® team members.
The Content Management Systems we primarily work in are WordPress, Magento and Expression Engine. We are currently looking for someone with substantial experience in WordPress but who is willing to learn the other systems over time once hired. ou should have performed projects containing jquery, ajax, parallax and be able show examples of work you have done with these technologies.
Xynergy® developers aren't afraid to juggle and multi-task, hit tight deadlines - and we have fun doing it. We are pro-active and responsible team members, supporting each other and actively participating in learning new techniques.
Improve Your Quality of Life:
This is an excellent opportunity to join an outstanding, award-winning development team in a community famous for its world-class art, culture and outdoor recreation. Enjoy your life AND enjoy work. Your projects change regularly and our clients/projects come from various industries too.
Our Web Developers are web enthusiasts first, with great ideas and creativity. They love online communication as much as they love elegantly architected methods and classes. And, outside the office, most of us are avid enjoyers of the amazing skiing, camping, rafting, hiking and many other outdoor activities the area has an abundance of.
We welcome freelance candidates who are ready to make the change from solo projects to steady hours in a team environment.
Required skills include:
- High Level of Wordpress experience - database customization
- Basic Working knowledge of PHP
- Basic Graphic Design skills and working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
Desirable skills, education & credentials include:
- Experience with Magento.com eCommerce - plugins & customization
- Experience with Expression Engine - plugins & customization
- Print Design
- Mobile Application Design and Deployment
- Audio/Video formatting
- Experience with source management systems such as SVN
- Bachelor of Science Degree
- Has at least 3 years of experience working for a web development firm
- Possesses a portfolio of highly functioning websites.
The personality we are looking for:
- Is positive, friendly and tenacious
- Enjoys working in a deadline-driven, technical, and design-focused environment
- Enjoys instructing others (colleagues and clients) on "How-to" use in CMS systems
- Loves web development and is constantly learning new techniques and updating knowledge base.
Mon-Fri 9 am - 5 pm
Albuquerque, New Mexico
This is a full-time employee position requiring 4 days a week in the office but with potential to work from home additional days after the first 4 months.
HOW TO APPLY:
Those interested should email resume with cover letter to:
Mark the Email Subject as "Front-End Developer Application"
Attention: Arijit Banerjee, Xynergy, Inc.
Please submit a resume and links to at least 5 digital samples of your best work for our initial consideration. If interested, we will contact you to schedule an in-person meeting and review of your complete portfolio. We look forward to meeting with you.